Wednesday, August 6, 2008

First Post

Wow, it's been forever since I had a blog. I barely even remember why exactly I deleted my old one, but I guess that doesn't really matter anymore.

I created this blog mainly to complain and/or exclaim about the various books I've read and the novels I've written, though I guess they're more along the lines of novella since most aren't that long. Oh well. I'm assuming no one is really going to read this because, why would you? Not like I'll be saying anything interesting, but I love to talk plots and character development so if I'm talking aobut a particular book I'll put a spoiler alert at the top so nobody who wants to read the book but hasn't had the chance yet will stumble upon things that will ruin the story for them.

Also, I will be groaning about how it's already August and I'm twenty books away from my goal for the summer (35, to be exact) so I have to get a-readin! My most recent reads were Pendragon: Raven Rise by D. J. MacHale (a great book, i love the Pendragon series and highly recommend it for teenagers) and Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer, though I'm assuming everyone has heard of that one. It was also very good, but I have to admit after a really good book I usually mope for a couple days because I'm so depressed. Let the moping begin.

Finally, I'm made this to make myself feel like i was doing osmething useful even though I only have a month of summer left and stil have twenty books to read and 97% of a manuscript to edit. Procrastination is the bane of my existence.

That about wraps it up for my first post. This will probably just make it even harder for me to reach all of my goals, but whenever I hit a minor milestone I'll post, I suppose, and make myself feel better about it.

And that's the Written Word

No comments: